venerdì 5 settembre 2008

Interview with Edith Lebeau

q)What is your name?

a)My name is Edith Lebeau

q) Where do you live and work?

a)I live and Work in Laval, Quebec, Canada

q)What is your creative process like?

a)Well, It always start by a photoshoot. I'm taking picture of friends and sometimes myself. I'm doing some research about mythology (grec, celtic, etc.), fairytales and movies. When I got an Idea of what I want to do, I take a look at all the pictures I have and I take the one that the expression fit with what I want to do. Then I start the music and everything comes out. I always got a blur idea of the painting but it's changing constantly.

q)What is your favorite medium?

a)Acrylic for now, I'm not ready for oil…

q)What is your current favorite subject?

a)I really like to create some super woman.


q)How long does it take for you to finish a piece?

a)Hmm… It takes a full time week minimum.

q)What has been your biggest accomplishment so far?

a)Trying new things… trying not to stay with the recipe…
q)Are there any contemporary artists that you love?

a)A lot! I'm a big fan of Michael Hussar and Kathie Olivas. They are amazing artists.


q)Can we buy your art anywhere?

a)It'd be great!! But for now people can contact me by e-mail and see my website.

q)Anything that people should know about that we don’t??

a)That’s a funny question. First, I'd say my first language is French. I like cookies and cupcakes. My favorite super hero is Batman. I can't work without music…

q)What is your best piece of advice for those who would like to rise in their level of artistry?

a)Believe in what you do and do it for you first.

q)What inspires you to keep going when the work gets frustrating or tough?

a)The end of it… the idea of painting in my head. I take a little break and start again. It helps a lot.

q)How do you describe your work to those who are unfamiliar with it?

a)My paintings are surrealist portraits. I paints women (superheroes, villains, goddesses, nymphs...) and makes them tell their own story through their expression and the emotion they exude. The story is often blurred to encourage the audience to make it their own.


q)What kind of training did you have which helped you achieve your current level of artistry?

a)I did my Bachelor of Fine Art.

q)Is there a tool or material that you can’t imagine living without?

a)Well, my hands…and brush

q)Who are your influences?

a)Frida Khalo, Michael Hussar, Andrew Wyeth, Tori Amos, Tim Burton, and others

q)What inspires you to create?

a)Movies, mythology, music, nature, and almost everything.


q)…your contacts…

a)
http://www.edithlebeau.com/

edithlebeau@hotmail.com

http://www.myspace.com/edithlebeau

Nessun commento: