venerdì 12 marzo 2010

Interview with David R. Choquette







q)
What is your name?

a)David R. Choquette

q) Where do you live and work?

a)Montreal city, Quebec, Canada

q)What is your creative process like?

a)Sometimes i start with a photo session, make a drawing and than paint. I also do simply a rough sketch and than improvise without knowing where it's going.

q)What is your favorite medium?

a)Oil painting

q)What is your current favorite subject?

a)Human figure and monsters

q)How long does it take for you to finish a piece?

a)It's never under 30 hours. I don't really know, i work on several paintings at the same time.

q)What has been your biggest accomplishment so far?

a)I had the chance to show my painting in France and in the USA. I had my first solo exhibition in NYC.

q)Are there any contemporary artists that you love?

a)Jenny Saville, H.R.Giger, Gottfried Helnwein, Michael Hussar, Hans Bellmer, Kent Williams, Brom...

q)Can we buy your art anywhere?

a)No, for my last show you deal with the Last Rites Gallery, otherwise you deal with me.

q)Anything that people should know about that we don’t??

a)It's harder than the hardest way you could imagine.

q)What is your best piece of advice for those who would like to rise in their level of artistry?

a)You are the only one responsible of your improvement. The more time you put into it, the more you gonna learn. Learn from watching other artist work.

q)What inspires you to keep going when the work gets frustrating or tough?

a)Going to the museum and art show.

q)How do you describe your work to those who are unfamiliar with it?

a)I paint the unloved.

q)What kind of training did you have which helped you achieve your current level of artistry?

a)I'm a self-taugh painter. I learn from trial an error.

q)Is there a tool or material that you can’t imagine living without?

a)My ipod

q)Who are your influences?

a)People able to follow their inner voice

q)What inspires you to create?

a)Absurdity of life

q)…your contacts…

a)david_choquette@hotmail.com

My website is under-construction and it's going to be online in april 2010.

Nessun commento: