martedì 30 settembre 2008

Interview with Dario Molinaro




q)What is your name?

a)My name is Dario Molinaro

q)Where do you live and work?

a)I live and work in Foggia in Italy.


q)What is your creative process like?

a)My creative process ... mmmmm ... I work a lot, both on paper and on canvas, the type of work is very similar, and I just look at something or think something about our world today and the job is by itself. almost like an automatic thing.

q)What is your favorite medium?

a)Maybe the paper, allow me to have much more freedom of expression.

q)What is your current favorite subject?


a)Brushes, pens ... almost everything!

q)How long does it take for you to finish a piece?

a)Depends on the type of support, usually when starting a job I want to finish it now. however, the designs it can do even 4 a day, while the paintings I need 4 or 5 days.

q)What has been your biggest accomplishment so far?


a)I think so far has been to be able to be appreciated by many critics, and pleasure to people!

q)Are there any contemporary artists that you love?

a)Yes, there are contemporary artists I like, most of them are cartoonists. I appreciate that a lot now is certainly Alessandro Tota.

q)Can we buy your art anywhere?

a)My work can be purchased at the Numen Art Gallery in Benevento.

q)Anything that people should know about that we don’t??

a)People should be sincere. point!

q)What is your best piece of advice for those who would like to rise in their level of artistry?

a)I Do not know ... I work a lot, perhaps the key to moving forward is this: work, work, work!

q)What inspires you to keep going when the work gets frustrating or tough?


a)The desire to express myself, that is true! do not know other than to draw and paint and maybe why I stopped and I do not ever stop!


q)How do you describe your work to those who are unfamiliar with it?


a)fresh, funny, naive and very current.

q)What kind of training did you have which helped you achieve your current level of artistry?


a)I have graduated to the art Istitute of Foggia and graduated in Decorating at the Academy of Fine Arts in Foggia, but the study is the most important thing.

q)Is there a tool or material that you can’t imagine living without?

a)I do not know, nowadays everything seems essential ... but as they did years ago without these tools? But I believe that the Internet is very important

q)Who are your influences?


a)Basquiat, Haring, Andrea Pazienza ...

q)What inspires you to create?

a)People and the world, life. the real things!


q)…your contacts…


a) www.myspace.com/mitiks -

www.fotolog.com/mitik -

dario.molinaro@gmail.com

Nessun commento: