mercoledì 12 novembre 2008

Interview with Luke Drozd






q) What is your name and what do you do?


a)Hello there, my name is Luke Drozd and I make things

q)When did you really get into art?

a)I have been into it for as long as I remember. I have always made things and pictures and it just never stopped.
a)In terms of being into ‘art’ as a thing I’m not sure I am. There is huge amounts of pointless and terrible work being churned out daily, I only hope I’m not merely adding to the pile.

q)How did you come to the realization that you should try your luck at art on a more serious level?

a)I think I have always been serious about making work. Maybe serious is the wrong word. Committed sits a little better I think.

q)How did you discover the particular style that you have?

a)I don’t think I have a definite style. I tend to have an idea and then think about how best that should be made, so the end result could be anything really. Perhaps within my more illustrative work there is one but I have no idea where that came from. Magic? A curse from a pigeon?

q)How would you describe your style?

a)Rather unstylish

q)Who or what influences your art?

a)Everything and anything really. Music has always played a key role, in both direct and indirect ways. Things I see and read, the people and other artists around me. In terms of famous artists etc, I’m not sure. What and who I love and hate seems to constantly change, I’m fickle like that.

q)How often do you create a new piece?

a)At the moment its daily but it changes. I go through stages where I slow down. I do tend to work a lot as I find it impossible to relax. Making things has become a kind of compulsion now.

q)What kind of success have you had with your art?

a)That depends on how you measure success I suppose. I was recently nominated for the creative 30 by Vice and have worked with folks like Playstation this year but that means less than personally feeling something I have made is worthwhile or has pushed me into new areas.

q)What would be the ultimate goal for you and your art?

a)To keep getting better

q)What do you see as an accomplishment in the way of art?

a)The perfect circle

q)What kind of message, if any, do you try to convey through your art?

a)It depends on the piece though I do believe it’s about balance. If you give too much away to quickly then where’s the intrigue?

q)Sum up your art in one word.

a)Disparate

q)Any additional comments?

a)I would like to thank my girlfriend for making me an apple cake whilst I answered these questions.

q)…your contacts…

a) www.lukedrozd.com

lukedrozd@hotmail.com

Nessun commento: