venerdì 29 agosto 2008

Interview with Yuta Onoda

q)What is your name?

a)Yuta Onoda

q)Where do you live and work?

a)Toronto, Canada

q)What is your creative process like?

a)I do not know if I have creative process...but I love spending time on line work. I love spending time on researching about the theme that I work on. It makes me more creative.

q)What is your favorite medium?

a)Acrilyc and water color on wood.

q)What is your current favorite subject?

a)I do not really have a favorite subject for now but I always try to be honest to my work. I always try to create something based on my feelings when I create personal pieces.


q)How long does it take for you to finish a piece?

a)It really depends, couple days, sometimes few weeks.

q)What has been your biggest accomplishment so far?

a)I am happy that I am passionate about art today and hope not to lose this passion in the future.

q)Are there any contemporary artists that you love?

a)Too many...

q)Can we buy your art anywhere?

a)I will be in a four person group show at
project:gallery in LA. The show opens on September 6th. Some of my works are available at the gallery as well.

q)What is your best piece of advice for those who would like to rise in their level of artistry?

a)I always tell myself that never be happy with your art aesthetic, be eager and keep exploring with anything you like. I am not the best person to give advice though...

q)What inspires you to keep going when the work gets frustrating or tough?

a)Probably do something else. Have a cup of coffee, go take a walk...

q)How do you describe your work to those who are unfamiliar with it?

a)My work is a mix of the Japanese style, shapes and patterns reminiscent of Art Nouveau. Surrealistic and Narrative.


q)What kind of training did you have which helped you achieve your current level of artistry?

a) I am currently taking Illustration at Sheridan College in Canada and it has been really interesting because they have taught me ways to think about the theme and twist ideas...

q)Is there a tool or material that you can't imagine living without?

a) Of course art supplies, and music.

q)Who are your influences?

a) So many...

q)What inspires you to create?

a)Everything I see in my daily life.


q)…your contacts…

a)
http://yutajazz.blogspot.com/



Nessun commento: