domenica 17 luglio 2011

Interview with Johann Büsen





q)Who are you? Where are you from and where do you live now?

a) My name is Johann Büsen, I was born in 1984 in Paderborn (Germany), studied from 2005 to 2010 at the University of the Arts in Bremen. Right now I live and work in Berlin as an independent artist.

q)What is it that you do? What media do you use?

a) I create digital collages, printed on canvas.

q)What do you think sets your work apart?

a) The use of new media technics, contemporary topics and the visual language.

q)How long have you been showing your work for? Did you have a “big break?”

a)Since I've shown my early works at my first group exhibition in 2003 I have participated at about 70 exhibitions at home and abroad. More projects are in process.

q)What are some things that have inspired you?

a)You can find a lot of influences in my pictures. I work with topics and quotations from politics, movies, science, nature, art, every day live...

q)What have you been working on recently?

a)For my last solo show I printed 130 square yards black-and-white motives and painted the hole gallery room. -
http://gast.johannbuesen.de/galeriemitte

q)Do you listen to music while you create your work? If so, would you give some examples?

a)I like jazz and chill-out music. As well while working i often listen to audiobooks.

q)Do you do work in any other media? Other projects not necessarily related to your main body of work?

a)I do different kinds of other work - photography, animation, streetart, illustation, graphicdesign...

q)What advice do you have for artists looking to show their work?

a)Don't stop being creative.

q)Do you have any upcoming exhibitions of your work that you can mention?

a)The upcoming groupshow in september is called "open art space".

q)Where can people see more of your work on the internet?

a)At
www.johannbuesen.de or get in touch at Facebook.

Nessun commento: