mercoledì 1 giugno 2011

Interview with Chris Keegan






q)Who are you? Where are you from and where do you live now?

a)I am Chris Keegan, i am from the U.K and i live in London.

q)What is it that you do? What media do you use?

a)I work as an artist, mainly in freelance illustration, i also sell my own prints and hand made artwork.

q)What do you think sets your work apart?

a)Thats very hard to say what exactly, i try my best to have a different perspective on the world around us. Then i depict it in a way that is unique to me and hopefully also to everyone else who sees it for the first time.

q)How long have you been showing your work for? Did you have a “big break?”

a)Ive been working and showing my art around for 13 years now. I have not had any BIG breaks just a few jobs where i could express myself consistently and then that would enable me to develop and refine my style or creative approach. I then realise this a kind of 'break through' if you like and then i would apply this to other jobs and artwork i would create after that. Sometime ever going as far as reworking old work from a few years ago but with this added new style or conceptual approach.

q)What are some things that have inspired you?

a)Yes music, design, science, architecture and nature for example, loads of things.

q)What have you been working on recently?

a)In the last few weeks i have completed a few Magazine editorial jobs

q)Do you listen to music while you create your work? If so, would you give some examples?

a)Yes loads. I listen from anything like Jazz to Drum and Bass, Dub Reggae, hip hop.
I listen to the Hospital podcast. On the BBC iplayer Gilles Peterson and Fabio and Grooverider when im working every week for example.

q)Do you do work in any other media? Other projects not necessarily related to your main body of work?

a)I take photographs in my spare time a bit which i sell a bit. You can see them on my website

q)What advice do you have for artists looking to show their work?

a)Never stop developing ideas and promoting your work you never know what you are capable of. And dont get to stuck into one way of working, diversifying can be a great move.

q)Do you have any upcoming exhibitions of your work that you can mention?

a)No sorry non at the mo.

q)Where can people see more of your work on the internet?

a)My site is: www.chriskeegan.co.uk
And i have a shop on:
www.chriskeegan.etsy.com

Also if you wont to keep up with my latest work or ask me any questions in on twitter at: @mrchriskeegan

Nessun commento: