martedì 15 dicembre 2009

Interview with Pavel Platonov






q)please tell us a brief info about yourself.


a)I'm twenty. I live in Russia and study at the Architectural University.


q)Tell us about your humble beginnings, When did you you first realized that you wanted to be an artist?


a)My first works were experiments. I had to put images from my head to real life, so i painted, took a photos, made layouts, watched and did things, that attracted me. From little up i know, that my occupation will be connected with creativity, so i develop myself in this way.


q)What are your tools of the trade and why?


a)I prefer photography, i find it the easiest way to get the necessary goal. It is mobile and easy to access. I plan to make some video, i have moving pictures in my head. Photoraphs is the fragments of this pictures.


q)Who or what gives you inspiration on your morbid art?


a)I inspired by strange forms, crystals and minerals, fractals and anomalies, different constructions, biographies, music and video. I take much energy from weird stuff.


q)Is your artistic background self-taught or did you go to college to study?


a)We haven't art colleges here, it's a bad situation in Russia. There is no institution to enter. That's why i join the Architectural University. I don't take it seriously - terrible education, but interesting environment. There is no sense to learn photography in educational institution.


q)How do you keep “fresh” within your industry?


a)I stint myself in photography and concentrate on portraits. It's the images, which i combine with self-made constructions. I improvise and don't always have a clear picture in my head. It's also a search for technique and presentation. I try not to photo web-sites too much, because they produce pseudo cool things. I can't understant it. When you do something you like very much - it'll have great effect on somebody.


q)What are some of your current projects?

a)I'll try to complete the portrait series. In abstract way - it's an image of a man, which haven't references to time, country, religion, no emotions or details, that can attach some situation. I remove all ot this and give to him my own views. I have many ideas, but i have to choose one idea for one set. I try to catch the presentation of series - it's interesting and sometimes hard to do.


q)Which of your works are you the most proud of? And why?


a)I'm a self-critical person, my new works i like better then old ones. I think my best works are ahead.


q)Are there any areas, techniques, mediums, projects in your field that you have yet to try?


a)Yes, i'm interested in video and sculpture.


q)What do you do to keep yourself motivated and avoid burn-out?


a)Self-critisizm and intuition helps me.


q)How do you spend most of your free time?


a)I spend it mostly in Internet and listening to music. I work at home.


q)What contemporary artists or developments in art interest you?


a)I can't say a name, i don't remember. There are many interesting things around, but i try not to become a fan of somebody.


q)We really like some of your pictures, how can we get our hands on them? Do you sell them? How?


a)I plan to print them in big sizes and now searching for good printing establishment. I have a pictures also. Anyone can write me suggestions on e-mail.

bojarshnik@rambler.ru

http://www.flickr.com/photos/platonov_pavel

http://platonov-pavel.livejournal.com

Nessun commento: